Coming to the UK from the EU to grow a business? Study and take your A1 test with LanguageCert before you apply for your visa
LanguageCert, 06 July 2021
For immediate release Despite Brexit and the borders being temporarily closed to many countries, the UK is determined to bounce back quickly, and many predictions are that the economy will grow rapidly with some saying by up to 6% in the next two quarters. Many Europeans still want to come and expand their EU-based business in the UK, especially now that the country is coming out of the pandemic.
To take advantage of this opportunity to be part of this potential boom and grow either your own or your employers’ business, you will need a Representative of an Overseas Business Visa. Wherever you come from, you must satisfy visa requirements to be able to stay in the UK, and for many people, one of those conditions is passing the basic SELT A1 exam.
For a busy businessperson, this can seem another daunting task on the road to business success. LanguageCert offers Home Office approved, Ofqual regulated English language exams for UK visas and immigration.
The team at LanguageCert has put together some top tips to take the worry out of studying and preparation for the A1 test, smoothing the path to obtaining your visa and allowing you to focus on business.
- Make a timetable. If you know you have to take and pass your exam by a certain date, make a plan to start studying well in advance. Set aside a certain amount of time each day or evening to work on the skills you need. If you’re busy working during the day, set aside bite-size chunks of time in the evening to study.
- Do your homework. LanguageCert has some fantastic videos that walk you through the preparation and exam process, step by step, to help you understand the kind of questions you will be asked as well as the meaning of those questions.
- Try and immerse yourself in English. Watch T.V., listen to the radio, and look at newspapers. These are fun ways to help you prepare for the exams and you’ll start recognising words and meanings.
- Practice, practice, practice. You can never prepare too much, and the more you practice, the more confident you will feel in the exam.
- Remember to enrol for the exam on selt.languagecert.org.
Andrew Harrison, Business Development Manager of LanguageCert, says: “LanguageCert offers a fresh approach to the SELT exams, and our goal is to make the process as simple as possible for everyone by supporting candidates with as much information as possible to help get them through the A1 Speaking & Listening exam. There are other advantages in taking your A1 Speaking & Listening exam with us giving you the reassurance that you are in a safe pair of hands.”
- Our exams are high-quality, reliable, and developed to the most rigorous standards.
- We issue super-fast results (preliminary results shortly after the completion of the exam & official results in just 3 business days).
- We offer flexible and innovative exam administration technologies and systems – focused on making the user experience as easy as possible.
- We are recognised worldwide by official authorities, organisations, and Higher Education Institutions globally.