Dr Michael Milanovic
Michael Milanovic, previously CEO of Cambridge Assessment English, has been working extensively with PeopleCert since 2015, and is Chairman of LanguageCert and a member of its Advisory Council. He worked closely with the Council of Europe on its Common European Framework of Reference, has held, and still holds a number of key external roles.
- Milanovic, M., & Cheilari, A. 2021. LanguageCert – A Multilingual Language Testing System. LanguageCert: Athens, Greece.
Nigel Pike is highly experienced in assessment, and was Director of Assessment at Cambridge Assessment English, directing the delivery of all Cambridge English examinations. Nigel holds an MBA, and has extensive experience with national and local ministries of education around the globe, delivering consultancy, customised examinations and developing language policy for governments.
- Coniam, D., Lee, T., Milanovic, M., & Pike, N. 2020. Validating LanguageCert’s Language Test of English. Internal report. LanguageCert: Athens, Greece.
Dr Yiannis Papargyris
Yiannis Papargyris is an education management professional with over 15 years’ experience in the fields of English-medium Higher Education, Qualification Development and Educational Assessment. At PeopleCert, he holds the position of Language Assessment Development Manager and is responsible for the development of the LanguageCert exams portfolio.
- Coniam, D., and Papargyris, Y. 2021 Writing Test Examiner Quality and Consistency. LanguageCert: Athens, Greece.
Leda Lampropoulou is Head of Assessment at LanguageCert. She is responsible for developing items and tests which are fit-for-purpose, as well as for training and monitoring exam personnel. She holds a degree in English with Philosophy, is CELTA qualified and a member of UKALTA. She is currently studying for a postgraduate degree in Language Testing (Lancaster).
- Coniam, D., & Lampropoulou, L. 2020. A Review of IESOL LanguageCert Listening and Reading Test Reliabilities 2018-2020. LanguageCert: Athens, Greece
Dr Tony Lee
Tony Lee is Senior Psychometrician at LanguageCert. He has been involved in language assessment statistical analysis work since 1980 in universities in Hong Kong and Australia. His major language assessment work includes the assessment management of the Australian Federal Government’s migrant English assessment system ACCESS as well as the Hong Kong Government’s English Language Ability scale.
- Coniam, D., Lee, T., & Lampropoulou, L. in press. Identifying Guessing via Rasch Fit Statistics: An Exploratory Study.
Maria Babatsi is an Academic Associate for Marking at LanguageCert. She is responsible for ensuring that all LanguageCert’s assessment processes conform to quality standards. She delivers training sessions, liaises with and monitors exam personnel on an ongoing basis. She holds a BA in English and has extensive teaching and assessment experience.
Angeliki Cheilari is Head of Assessment at LanguageCert. She is responsible for the IESOL exam development. She has an educational background in Linguistics and Language Teaching, is Cambridge Delta qualified (Modules 1, 3) and she holds an MSc in Cultural Organisations Management. She is currently pursuing a master’s degree in Teaching English as a Foreign/International Language.
- Cheilari, A., & Coniam, D. 2020. Preparing for Teaching Exam Classes in the New School Year. ELTNEWS, 16-19.
Corina Dourda is an Academic Associate at LanguageCert. She is responsible for the LTE exam development. She holds a BA in Linguistics and Language Teaching, an MA in Education (Curriculum Design) and a Trinity Diploma in TESOL. She has considerable experience in the field of educational assessment through the development of assessment materials in a wide range of settings and across different levels of education.
Xenia Poupounaki Lappa
Xenia Poupounaki Lappa is a Project Manager at LanguageCert. She coordinates and handles various projects, focusing on the development of new language qualifications. She has an academic background in Linguistics and Language Teaching, as well as an extensive experience in the field of ELT and Educational Assessment. Recently, she has been contributing to the development of a high-quality multilingual exams portfolio in her capacity as Project Manager.
Professor David Coniam
David Coniam is Head of Research at LanguageCert. He has been working and researching in English language teaching, education and assessment for almost 50 years. His main publication and research interests are in language assessment, language teaching methodology and academic writing and publishing.
- Coniam, D. 2020. English Language Assessment in Hong Kong: A 50-year Retrospective. International Journal of TESOL Studies. International Journal of TESOL Studies, 2(1): 69-82.
- Fryer, L. K., Coniam, D., Carpenter, R., & Lowe, D. 2020. Chatbots for Language Learning Now. Language Learning and Technology, 24(3): 8-22